Wednesday 8 December 2010

It's Been A Good Day....

I like good news for myself - and, equally, I love good news for a friend.

After we had the wonderful news that James of Speculative Horizons had been taken on as assistant editor of Orbit Books, we then experienced the launch of Un:Bound Video Editions by Adele and her team - and now this evening I've heard that Sharon Ring (an absolutely lovely lady!) has taken on her first client as literary agent (Gary McMahon). Good luck to them both!

I also found out that my benevolent Overlords at Tor.com have produced dedicated streams for fantasy and steampunk, and the esteemed Aidan Moher of A Dribble of Ink is in charge of the fantasy stream.

My news? Mark at Morrigan Books has been mad enough to try me out as an editor, as of today.

Good news all round, I think you'll agree!

6 comments:

  1. When do I get my industry job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out how I lucked into the job! Like I said on Facebook, I'm afraid I've used up all my good karma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant news all round - huzzah

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the editing gig!

    but seriously, how does one get into that industry? I'm not interested in writing, but I'd love to eventually do something else (marketing, editing, sales) in the publishing world.

    ReplyDelete