Friday 2 April 2010

Looking Back on March, Looking Forward to April

I feel as though March is the month where I have found my blogging feet. I still haven't discovered where my blogging is going, in terms of regular features, and I still seem to be floundering while trying to produce decent content, but I at least managed to get up posts on most days in March and my number of visitors is on the rise so that looks to be a promising direction!





It's been a slow month for me, in terms of books read and I blame Twitter entirely. Actually, I blame a busy time at work, a few nights out and a couple of personal issues! But I still managed to rack up six books, those being:

Kiss Chase by Fiona Walker
Wolfsangel by M D Lachlan (review forthcoming closer to release date)
Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz
A Matter of Blood by Sarah Pinborough
A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin
The Midnight Mayor by Kate Griffin

I also posted two reviews for books read in previous months: the long awaited Tome of the Undergates by Sam Sykes and King Maker by Maurice Broaddus. I was particularly happy with that latter review since Angry Robot Books highlighted it as the best negative review you'll ever read - I think that was my proudest moment in March!

March was also the month that Floor to Ceiling books went on tour! I attended the Mad Hatter's Tea Party and went to the Headline Bloggers Party. Both of these events were fabulous and only make me more keen to meet other bloggers and authors.

I conducted two interviews: one with the lovely Sarah Pinborough (after thoroughly enjoying her book!) and the other with Michaela Deas, in a well-received feature about the other halves of authors.

I was also invited to join in Reviewer Time by the lovely Harry Markov, which I thoroughly enjoyed - who doesn't love talking about themselves?!

Apart from that, I managed a handful of articles! Phew, March turned out to be quite a busy one!

And April looks to be no quieter!

Recently, in a moment of madness, I decided to read the six novels shortlisted for the Arthur Clark award
and I'm currently working my way through The City and The City by China Mieville. Consequently, I think other reading (and everything else) will be taking a back seat for the month of April!

So come cheer me on in my reading endeavours this month - hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment