Monday 13 September 2010

Kicking Off Book Blogger Appreciation Week



Back in June I registered for Book Blogger Appreciation Week, and put Floor to Ceiling Books forward for a few of the awards. I wasn't longlisted for any of these, but, regardless, this week is still my opportunity to join in all the festivities that surround BBAW!

On this first day we've been invited to talk about our first treasure i.e. the first book blog that we discovered (if we're new to the blogosphere).

My first book blog, which I return to constantly, is Graeme's Fantasy Book Review. I love Graeme's blog - he is down-to-earth, constantly enthusiastic, slightly flustered now with the recent arrival of his new daughter Hope, and as far from a book snob as you can imagine. As long as the novel features speculative matters, he will read and review it. He is candid about why he doesn't like books, he froths at the mouth for everything zombie, and is generally an all-round nice guy.

Who is your first treasure?

8 comments:

  1. I think Graeme's blog was one of the first sff blogs I started reading. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I stumbled on Graeme's blog first before FBC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the love for Grame's blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first book blog I discovered was Vivienne's and purely by accident as she is a crafter as well so I found her via that route. I love her reviews which are always unbiased, informative and responsible for most of my huge Amazon wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read SF most of the time, so I guess that is why I had missed out on Graeme's blog before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a blog I need to be following, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for putting yourself forward. You should be proud of your blog. And this looks like a new to me blog to be following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Carmen - I will pop by Vivienne's blog as well, always nice to discover a new blog!

    @Iris - Graeme's is dominated by SFF but he writes a fabby review :-)

    @Darren - he'll be glad I pointed you in his direction!

    @Amy - Thanks for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete