Tuesday 1 February 2011

Spec Fic Reading Challenge: January Wrap Up!

Okay! Let's wrap up January!

I have to say a massive thank you to everyone who has contributed reviews to this challenge so far. I might not have commented on all of them, but I read each and every review and the enthusiasm and commitment of each participant has made me so happy.

In total there were 67 reviews posted, which is just astonishing - well done to all of us!

I saw reviews on speculative fiction of all varieties - science fiction, fantasy, comic fantasy, YA, urban fantasy - and this pleases me as well. It's great to see such a range on show. I do urge all participants to choose a few reviews of books they haven't heard of, take a read and see whether this is a book you might like to try as well. Spread the love *grin*

Anyway, I have a prize to give away! That being: finished copies of Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch and Blonde Bombshell by Tom Holt, and a shiny ARC of Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.

I did a quick random draw on all the reviews (taking mine out of the equation, obviously!) and the review that came out was:


Mel, please drop me an email at magemanda AT gmail DOT com with your mailing address and I will get you prize out to you ASAP.

Right, on to February! Happy reading folks :-)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Mel!! I haven't been able to keep up with all the reviews, but I do plan on reading all of them in the coming month, once I get my Google Reader under control again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda and everyone else! It's been a fun challenge so far. :)

    ReplyDelete