Sunday 13 February 2011

How are you at drawing Donald Duck?

I just spent the nicest evening with my folks - mum, dad, brother, sister-in-law and one of my nephews. My poor little nephew is ill right now, and to keep him distracted from his rather nasty cough my dad drew him a representation of one of his favourite cartoon characters:


Yep, that is my beloved father's effort at Donald Duck *sniggers* Problem is, I rather giggled when shown it this evening, as did my brother, so my dad challenged us to do better...

Here is an attempt by my brother:


If I'm being charitable, I guess this might be better *chortles*

Here is the picture my mum drew:


Oops, based on that pic it looks as thought my photography skills are singularly lacking...

Finally, here's mine!


Uh huh - only I could make Donald Duck look camp. Just for ease of reference, I'm going to provide you a picture of the real Donald Duck, so that you can see how uncanny the resemblance is between him and the pictures above.... *tumbleweed*


*laughs helplessly*

Safe to say, the Rutter family's talents lie elsewhere!

Oh, and this is what I did on my Saturday night - I am rock and roll, baby! Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. To help cheer up your nephew, I posted a picture I drew a while back of Donald Duck. Hope he likes it.

    Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome lol :-) And hey, it may not be rock 'n roll, but it sounds like a lovely time!
    And as for drawing talents, I can't even draw stick figures, so I'm impressed ;-)

    @BookAddict: Wow, that's really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aaron: That's awesome, I shall show it to my nephew :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I doodled around with Disney characters a couple years ago. I think I have a Minnie Mouse, a Winnie the Pooh, and a Pluto around somewhere too. I really ought to scan them so I don't lose them.

    My mother and daughter are much better at art stuff than I am. Here is some of my daughter's art. And here is my mother's.

    Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds)

    ReplyDelete