Wednesday 15 December 2010

Happy Christmas!

In previous years I have written out Christmas cards for all friends and family. This year I feel I have made so many friends (and I love you all! Your support this year has been invaluable, and I can't believe how fulfilled my life feels with you in it) and I didn't want to risk missing anyone when it came to Christmas cards.

So, I am doing the charity donation thing.

This morning I donated £20.00 to the following charities:

- Royal British Legion (for all my Warhammer friends, and for those I know who fight for our country)

- RNIB (for all my bookish friends - it is one of my greatest fears to go blind and lose the pleasure of reading, so this donation offers speaking books to children)

- Cancer Research (because every single one of us has been touched by cancer - RIP Dave Fulford, you're forever missed and loved. Sarah Chorn - you are SO brave, this is for you especially).

Everyone - have a very Happy Christmas and festive period. Read loads, spend time with friends and family, and look forward to everything that 2011 brings.

Love you all! xx

(p.s. that there is a picture of my adorable nephew!)

5 comments:

  1. Aww... It's been a pleasure getting to know you this year! And those are some awesome causes!

    Have a great Christmas season yourself too *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog ate my comment!

    I was agreeing with this as an idea and considering stealing it to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your donation for cancer research literally made me tear up. That is SO incredibly touching. Thanks for thinking about all of us struggling with cancer during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so sweet!! i think we put too much emphasis on presents and material things at christmas, when there are so many charities that do such good things. I hope you have a really lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great donations. :) And heres wishing you a very merry christmas as well. :) And to many many more.

    ReplyDelete