Thursday 1 July 2010

Looking Back on June, Looking Forward to July

Didn't June go by quickly? And hasn't the weather been unbelievably good? June was an odd month for me in terms of books read. I managed to get through quite a number - 10, to be exact - but none of them were great reads. Don't get me wrong, they weren't awful, but nothing blew me away (with the exception, perhaps, of Forbidden). I'm waiting for a book at the moment that leaves me breathless and wishing that it wouldn't end - been a while since I've had one like that...



Here are handy links to the books I read in June:

Summer Knight by Jim Butcher
Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Theodore Boone Young Lawyer by John Grisham
The Vampire Diaries: The Fury and the Reunion by L J Smith
Courage and Honour by Graham McNeill
Dark Knights of the Soul by Jeremy Simpson
The Vampire Diaries: The Return - Nightfall by L J Smith
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Dante's Journey by J C Marino
Road to the Dales by Gervase Phinn



In June I also attended Alt.Fiction and did a quick write up of one of the panels - Genre Books You Really Must Read.

I also entered myself into Book Blogger Appreciation Week, spoke about my personal Book Fails and wondered about Taking Breaks. Most importantly at all, I announced a Book Buying Embargo which, so far, I have managed to stick to.

I guess it's been quite a busy month!

In July I have commitments to meet. I have two books to read so that I can conduct Q&As with the authors; I have a couple of ARCs that are overdue their reviews; I have my ongoing analysis of the Malazan books, which will be going live on Tor.com from the middle of July; and I have joined the SFF Masterworks team. What does this mean for you? Hopefully lots of reviews through July!

No comments:

Post a Comment