Friday 5 February 2010

A Quick Friday Round Up!

It's Friday everyone! Happy, happy, happy! I have grand plans for my weekend, including some hockey, some dancing, some drinking, rugby watching, football watching - well, it's just a busy one all round. Hopefully I'll manage to fit in some reading as well, because the kind folk at Angry Robot have sent through the following:


On the streets of Indianapolis, the ancient Arthurian cycle is replaying in the lives of rival street gangs. Told through the eyes of King, as he gathers like-minded friends and warriors around him to venture into the fastness of Dred, the notorious crime lord, this is a stunning mix of myth and harsh reality. A truly remarkable novel.

Looking forward to trying this one for a few reasons, not least of which because it prompted Patrick at Stomping on Yeti to post this article which I found interesting (and not just because I was a featured blogger for it - don't make rude suggestions :-p)

Angry Robot Books also sent me 'White Tiger' by Kylie Chan: "Emma moves to Hong Kong to become a nanny to John Chen's daughter. When she falls for her employer, she discovers John's world is very different from her own. For he is no ordinary businessman - and all the gods, demons and dragons of Hell want him dead."

It sounds like a fun little read, and is the first in a trilogy. Look out for reviews of both these books sometime in February!

Excitingly - for all of you guys, rather than me - Headline books have also sent through a whole heap of copies of Johannes Cabal the Necromancer by Jonathan L Howard. I gave it a rather glowing review, which can be read here. This means GIVEAWAY time! However, the giveaway will be done through the wonderful site www.fantasyliterature.com
I will pop an announcement up here and give links once it all goes live.

I will leave you with a quick picture of the books I have recently received from kindly publishers this week and last. February is going to be a GREAT month for reading!


5 comments:

  1. And you won a copy of Wife Interrupted I saw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! My Friday has been a good one :-)

    Hope yours is too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Already Saturday here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting book parcels! You've got some fab books to read. Looking forward to all your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know the sequel to A Madness of Angels was already getting out there. nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete